Content

Content

Monday, June 3, 2013

A taste, a smell... Takes me back

Summer of days gone by...yesterday was so hot here in the nations capital, 37 degrees and with the humidity 40+ I snuck out to get diapers and some things for our mini road trip tomorrow.  Bought the things I needed and added a Fresca to the pile. As I hoped in the truck and started driving home, with the window rolled down and the sun beating on my arm I take a sip... Instantly I'm taken back to the summers gone by when I used to lifeguard, the smell of the pool in the morning when we took the pool cover off, the sun kissed skin that by the end of the summer had me fighting Indian status.  The days and nights spent in Waterton, hiking the trails, breathing in the mountain air,  days spent at the lake till the sun disappeared in the horizon and the Mosquitos started enjoying you as their lunch.  Having no cares in the world, where bonfires and bike rides were a weekly occurrence.  It was awesome, I loved everything about it and all these memories came flooding over me from just one sip

No comments:

Post a Comment