Saturday, January 9, 2016
Mason!!!
Yesterday I had to call another parent. Why you ask? Mason. We got to play after school today in the snow with your friends. Ela had brought snow making blocks, you grabbed one up and things were going splendidly. Mom's getting to visit while kids enjoyed the snow. All at once you came running up to me and said "Mika put snow in my eyes" I rubbed your back and told you it was fine and then Mika came running up to her mom "Mason put snow down my back. Understatement, her hood from her snowsuit was filled with snow and as a few of the mom's were trying to get it out and she was saying she was so cold, I was coming unglued. I'm not sure why you would have done that, and of course I was apologizing like crazy but I was mad, because it felt like a parent fail. I was going to make you write a note but didn't want to wait till Monday to give it to her so we decided to make a phone call instead. So we called her and you apologized, and to be fair I was just as nervous as you but when your a parent you'll understand that one of the greatest lessons we can teach you is to own up to your own mistakes. No one is going to cover or baby you and tell you it's okay when you've done something wrong. Character lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment