Content

Content

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 1, 2014

A mothers love... It was one of those heart tugging moments for me of a mothers love when my own little family boarded a plane to fly back home from visiting the "Waldie" side this Christmas.  We had just finished saying good bye to my parents and boarded the plane.  Got settled in, listened to the safety message and then waited for departure...When I spotted my mom outside, on the other side of the fence, waiting patiently for us to leave.  As I watched her I wondered how long she would stand there before turning to leave, in my head I thought "It's cold out there, her leg has been sore, and frankly it must be kind if boring waiting" But she waited...and waited...and waited, while they waited for clearance, one propeller, the next propeller...she waited.  Then as we were taking off she waved.  I admit I felt myself tearing up, she waved even when she didn't know if we could see her...she waved on the chance that we would...she waved because she needed to show her love.  I have found one of the greatest blessings of being a mom is that only after becoming a mom have I understood and felt the depth of my own mothers love and concern, and as I think back to days when I was a "concern" how grateful I am to have a mom who "waves" when she doesn't know if I will see.
 PS Mom we waved back

No comments:

Post a Comment