Enter my life as a mom, there has NEVER been a day out of the 3 years, 10 months and 11 days that I have been a mother that I felt like I "nailed" it, or for that matter even came close to hitting it. I was talking to a friend this morning and was wondering if there will ever be a day that I can say "wow, great job Shannon, you nailed being a mom today" and I have to say I felt discouraged and frustrated at the possibility of never feeling like I have motherhood figured out. Especially since when I dreamed of being a mom for all those years, never did any of those scenarios look like what I have going on now...I never thought I would lose my patience, yell, emotionally eat or be so sleep deprived, I am definitely not one of those moms that is doing everything right, in fact daily thoughts run thru my head continually of where I'm falling short...but I've decided today to focus on what things I am "nailing" and since I'm a work in progress I pray that where I fall short Alin picks up the slack and that above all else despite my best intentions and inadequacies you three always know how much I LOVE YOU!!!
Thursday, February 20, 2014
February 20th, 2014 Nailed it...maybe...no just hit my finger
When I was a dental assistant I was good, no I was great at my job. I loved it, I was always trying to do things better and faster and I really loved the dental field (Dental hygiene was just starting to feel comfortable when I went on maternity) There were many days that I would go home from my job feeling as proud as punch at what I accomplished, how a compliment a dentist or patient may have given me regarding my work always felt deserved, and basically I felt like that for about 17 years, I felt like I "nailed" it daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment