Daniela time
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
April 2, 2014
It's funny when someone asks how your day was when your a parent. There's a whole lot of minutes in the day to be either all great or all horrible, it's always a combination of everything. Frustration, laughs, tears, joy, happy I think what we should ask each other instead is "how was your day from 10-10:15. Today was one of those days/nights. It started out with screaming Abbie because she wants to nurse, so downstairs we went to let the others sleep. Abbie screamed for a solid 30-45 minutes, and just as soon as she started to close her eyes I heard Alin upstairs, and the way he was walking I knew something was up. I knew someone was sick, so I contemplated staying downstairs as she was just falling asleep but the wife in me, grabbed Abbie and headed up the stairs...Abbie awake again and poor Mason getting sick everywhere (poor hubby too, the first time Mason threw up it was in the crook of Alins neck...which later when we were more in the mood to joke about it. Alin said it wasn't a pleasant way to wake up...that had me giggling). So we cancelled our little home play school with Joseph and had a movie day, with interruptions of a Mason throwing up. Poor kid he couldn't even keep water down in the morning. All of the kids napped at different times and today I just went with the flow, rubbed backs, kissed foreheads, read books, watched movies. It was actually nice to have one on one time with Daniela this morning. We snuggled on the red bean chair, got under a blanket and she choose 2 books for me to read. They were so fitting for her "The way I am" and "The things I love about me". It was a great few moments with the girl I called my "little sunshine" for the first year of her life. Then she wanted to hide under the blankets, be tickled and snuggle. She also counted to 10 without hesitation and correctly today. Yah my 2 and 1/2 year old. The rest of the day had its moments:) Tonight Mason and Daniela had their first swimming lesson, mason goes his by himself (he was feeling better by this afternoon) and is called sea otter and Daniela and I are in the water together in her class sea turtles. It was super fun they both did great and we were so proud of them. Poor Abbie wanted to be in the water soooo badly and Alin was sweating keeping up with Miss Abbie. So at the end of the class a spot opened up for Abbie so now it's family outing...she's going to be so happy next week:) Alin decided that since it was a special occasion for the kids we would go to Five Guys burgers and fries( like he needs a reason to go there) Home, brushed teeth, babes sleeping. Then Alin and I went downstairs to get our bodies moving, it was just 20 minutes but was better than sitting on the couch:) plus some romantic activity and yes kids that is also a very important part if the marriage relationship (so go ahead and say gross, but mark my words when you have kids of your own, you need to make time as a couple and strengthen the couple you were before kids came. )
Mason resting, I'm hoping his tummy feels better soon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey! I read a bit of your blog!! I'm impressed even if you aren't - considering how many blogs I read (0) anyhow, Keaton is in Sea Otters and Lincoln is in Sea turtles (with me. yay.) Just like you guys!! I thought that was cool and was going to call you, but it's late there, so I just decided to comment. Anyhow MISS you guys like crazy and can't wait to see you!
ReplyDelete