Content

Content

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Great wolf lodge holiday with the McAteers

We were off again to Niagara Falls to enjoy each other's company, not cook meals, no distractions except for water and fun, and the icing on the cake...McAteers. We left Friday and it's always a little stressful getting out the door but a deep breath as soon as we are on the road. As I write this we are on our way back so the craziness and kids going snaky is almost forgotten...almost. That being said we did pass a car and trailer on side of rode in a fiery inferno when we took a picture you could feel the heat of the fire.
So I guess they were having a worse road trip then us. 

Arrived at Great Wolf Lodge around 6, went swimming and then to bed. Spent Saturday in the pool and the weather was phenomenal so we spent most of the day in the outdoor pool. The kids LOVED it and are looking sun kissed. 

Our fun this trip included: 
• Watersliding of course, Mason went down a new slide (Orange) this visit and now a whole new world is opening up to him. Poor Abbie is so anxious to join Mason and Daniela as they waterslide so I took her up, she went down the little slide...loved it and I went to take her again but one of the lifeguards stopped us to tell me she was to little. She was sooooo sad. Lots of swimming outdoors, sun and sliding. 
• Princess Party that Alin suggested I take Daniela too. It was $10 and it was so fun to watch Daniela's reaction and just have some mom and her time.  There was Belle, Elsa, and Snow White. They sang so many songs and really interacted with the kids and then of course a photo op.  Dani was so excited when Snow White waved at her but wanted to stick pretty close to me. Really a fun activity. 
• Trip to town to see the Falls
At Niagara Falls
Love this picture: Daniela, Abbie, Eloise, Evie and Mason. 
I love how every season they decorate. So here was some fall decorations and our crew In front of Great Wolf Lodge. 
The McAteers; Dan, baby Arthur, Evie, Eloise and Kate

I can't say it enough such a great family and we love travelling with them. I had one of the best laughs with snorts and tears included with Kate. We decided we would try and watch women's conference together, so we headed to the gym got on some crazy treadmills that didn't seem to be working normally and started to watch. When out of the corner of my eye I saw Kate trying to adjust something on the iPad that was leaning against the control panel, but it must've put pressure on the speed up button and honestly all I saw was some arm flailing and quick motion while hearing some quick stepping, and then Kate was gone, It was so fast and furious and surprising that I couldn't help but start laughing and I must have been in one of those moods because I couldn't stop and it turned into one of those laughs that tears are running down your face you have to bend over in fear of your 3 baby bladder giving out on you and I topped it off with some snorting. 

• We also went for a little stroll one afternoon and ended at the whirlpools, Dani fell asleep in the stroller and so I took Abbie and went across the trolley above the whirlpool (Alin and Mason were not excited about it at all due to heights)
Abbie and I on the trolley

• We also did some bowling, mini golf, arcade (those dads love the arcade) and of course ate some great food. The kids slept great and another great adventure had:)


No comments:

Post a Comment