Content

Content

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

First night away...without bringing a baby home

I was nervous, stressed, dripping with sweat, anxious but also needing the chance to try being without my babes and my love for a night.  Not going to lie the thing I was looking forward to the most was uninterrupted sleep. Just for your information I haven't slept more than 3 hours in a row since Mason was born (that's 4.5 years) I could honestly envision my head hitting the pillow, drool running down my cheek and the occasional  snore escaping my throat. If that's a awful picture in your mind, to me it sounded like heaven. 

This is me, in a car (BMW) to be exact, with my new haircut...which I absolutely love, singing at the top of my lungs along with Pink and enjoying the beautiful scenery. The drive to Mont Tremblant was amazingly beautiful, the leaves were beautiful and the smell of fall in the air was delicious. 

Here's the crew that went: Bianca (she is living with the Zimmermans and is from Brazil), Michelle Laycock, ME, Amanda Dugan (pregnant with twins), Elizabeth Du Guilo and Amy Zimmerman. Really amazing group of ladies. It was stunning and beautiful on Friday night. I got there late after everyone else so I just caught a bit of shopping and dinner. I ate my whole meal without anyone spilling on me, putting their hands down my shirt, having to go to the washroom with a little.  I had a conversation from start to finish. All things you don't appreciate when your not a mom:) then back to the room and visited till around midnight. Most important news was I slept from midnight to 7 and only woke up twice thinking something must be wrong with the love bugs, because no one was up and then I remembered and stretched out in my bed and fell back asleep:)

The next day was rainy but I wanted to go up the gondola. It was chilly, and blowing but I loved it. 
So it was Elizabeth, Amy and me while Amanda got her yoga on, Michelle and Bianca where also chilling at the hotel room, then another walk about, lunch and then headed home
The gang
I had to snap this picture I just thought this was so beautiful. 






No comments:

Post a Comment