Content

Content

Thursday, April 23, 2015

42 things to do in my 42nd year

Today I turn 42, and here is my list of things I'm going to do this year.

  • Go camping in a tent, in a camper doesn't matter as long as there is a fire pit and stars
  • Take a picture everyday for a year
  • Give up something not good for me
  • Go to a ball, a fancy shmanzy one 
  • Do a 5km race
  • Do a 10km race
  • Do a 1/2 marathon  (June 20th signed up...eek)
  • Do a triathlon  (Aug 1)
  • Achieve my goal weight and stop wasting time thinking about it.  Just do it! (besides if I exercised as much as I thought about it I would be invisible)
  • Trip to Nordic Spa
  • Learn more Romanian...enough to have a conversation 
  • Girls trip
  • Overnight with my man (hasn't happened in 5 years)
  • Make a fitness goal and achieve it
  • Go skinny dipping
  • Host a girls dinner party
  • Take a class
  • Take a Stand Up Paddling Class or join the Rowing Club this year
  • Go on a date once a month with Alin
  • Travel somewhere I've never been (PEI with the McAteers in August)
  • Have a picnic in the mountains 
  • Have a picnic on the beach
  • Go to a drive in movie
  • Go to a fireworks show
  • Make a new friend and enjoy the ones I have now
  • Read Bible
  • Read Book of Mormon
  • Redo wardrobe to a classy funky mommy
  • Have a dinner or night out in our wedding best
  • Go skiing on snow or water again (hasn't happened since babies)
  • Go snorkeling or scuba diving
  • Surprise someone
  • Run barefoot in the rain
  • Go stargazing
  • Buy a meal for someone else
  • Random act of kindness (12)
  • Fly in a helicopter
  • Tell my siblings I love them in a unique way
  • Tell my parents I love them in a unique way
  •  Yoga
  •  Barre workouts
  •  Be a little better, kinder, each day
My birthday came and went and all in all a great celebration of being another year older and wiser:) counting my blessings. The day started with the littles giving me some presents. (Wrapped in tinfoil with their initials in paint on them)Good job Premium Romanian. You know I'm a big fan of finger prints 
Then off to music lessons for kids (Amanda made homemade black bean brownies for me) and then Kate asked us over for lunch. Alin gave me a certificate for the spa(mud bath, massage, pedicure)
it was awesome.   We also had a date night went by the new office and went to a show. Calls from Bunico and Bunica along with a wonderful navy blouse and pink sweater. My parents (20$) and calls from all my siblings. Ros a frame that's super cute and bracelet blue chunky with bath products from Alicia. 
I love this picture of us, I love this guy
On Saturday night the girls got together and had a party at Amy's it was fun
Kate commissioned Dan to do it but melted the chocolate chips to make the tag, awesome cheesecake. Cheesecake is my krypton it'd (Alin aren't you proud I made a superhero reference) 
Nina, Elizabeth, Tracy, Kate, me, Michelke, Amy then in the front row Eileen, Amanda, Bianca and Shona. 

So here's to another year, a year of reaching some goals, finding balance and loving every moment

No comments:

Post a Comment