Content

Content

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

   My mom, me and Alins mom in Dominican 2010 a couple months before Mason was born

This morning I had huge expectations regarding mother's day but sadly the house was still a disaster, there was no breakfast in bed and the kids were squabbling.  Put into the mix, I had sharing time today and things were just not going in my mind how they should for Mother's Day.  My thought process was this is the hardest job I've ever had, the hours are long and sometimes my patience runs low.  So I was thinking the world should stop and tell me that they appreciate me, that what I was doing is important, even if it is the same things every day.  Feed, clothe, laundry, clean, clean and more clean.  Got ready for church in 10 minutes and feeling frumpy and frustrated and then during Sacrament meeting a talk given by one of my friends Spring hit a chord with me.  I don't remember the exact words but she was talking about really, truly enjoying motherhood and how her mom inspired her.  That this was what she always wanted, there was so much that I needed to hear in that talk and I wish I would have wrote it down but the bottom line was that I need to relax about the little things that will not matter in years down the road but that the memories I'm building with my little's is what is important.  Then on to Sharing time which was a gong show.  I had made all these cute little mother's day cards to fill out and the junior primary did amazing.  It was the senior primary that gave me a run for my money.  As a Mother's Day gift to me Alin stayed for priesthood which was awesome.  Came home, napped everyone because we had a Azzi gathering to go to and then after that when we were driving into our driveway there were flowers at the door from my little crew.  
One of the blogs I follow is NieNie and in her mothers day post she wrote this
"I know mothering is hard, challenging, 
time-consuming, frustrating, and monotonous.
But it is also beautiful, and colorful, and sometimes it's really funny too!
I like myself most when I am mothering my children.
I like myself most when I am reading to them, feeding them, spending time
with them, teaching them, laughing with them, and serving them. 
Being a co-creator with God is a huge responsibility and an honor.
I wish all mothers could view it that way.
 The world's message to mothers is wrong and terrifying.  
That message is demeaning.  It belittles us and tells us that being a mother
is just not enough.   It's enough. I promise, it's more than enough."

For Mother's Day this year my mom didn't want any gifts so instead for a few days I posted songs and messages for her to read.  It was a fun project and she really liked it, I even tried my hand at making her a video.  Some of the songs were "She put the music in me" by Calee Reed, "Thanks Again" by Ricky Skaggs,  "A Mother's Love" by Jim Brickman,  "Angel" by Randy Travis,  "My Favorite Things" Hilary Weeks. I don't think you ever really appreciate a Mom till you become one and then you can't think of enough ways to thank her. 



No comments:

Post a Comment