Content

Content

Monday, May 25, 2015

Ottawa Race Weekend with a sprinkling of birthday


SATURDAY MAY 23rd. 
This morning Abbie was up when I went to go for my run so I decided to take her, it was chilly and she was in the chariot wrapped up but my run turned into a nature walk and instead of sweating it I just enjoyed talking to her.

Then when I got home I made waffles and a picnic breakfast on the floor... With only a few disasters;)
Then off to Arthur's birthday party and it was the cutest. "Stach Bash" they made a mustache cake, had cupcakes with mustaches, cups and pop bottles with mustaches on the straws. Cutest ever! Plus we had hamburgers and a bunch of treats. The kids had a blast and by the time we left were sweaty, tired and full of treats.
ARTHUR MCATEERS 1st BIRTHDAY

We then headed down town to our family race (2km) I love doing things like this with our growing little family. We had Joseph Zimmerman with us as well. Mason and Joseph could have ran the whole thing I'm sure but Alin and I were carrying a very tired Dani and Abbie. It was fun and they were so pleased with their medals. After we went with the Ghamien crew and had supper and ice cream at the Rideau Center to celebrate

DAD's FIRST 1/2 MARATHON
On Sunday Alin gave us a kiss at the door and headed down to get ready for his FIRST 1/2 marathon. I so badly wanted to go down and cheer him on from the start but he made me promise we wouldn't so he could just focus and not be looking for us BUT this was his first big race and I knew that along the race at some point and some time he would be wishing that we were cheering him on.  Somewhere he would change his mind because I have felt like this at every single race I've done. So I went to sacrament meeting with the kids and right after sacrament was passed left to go cheer him on. We made some signs but my favorite one was " run like a proctologist is behind you" it really cracked me up but I saved him. And didn't hold it up. As people started to get close to the finish line I started getting emotional, it would be so interesting to learn every single persons story. Some came in holding hands with spouses, some came staggering in, some were giving it their last sprint...and then I saw my sweet husband I started crying, I was so proud of him and my whole world is wrapped up in him. We were yelling his name but he had ear phones in, so we had some helpers yelling as well. He heard and started to run over to our side of the fence. He gave us all a kiss and then proceeded to the finish line. My heart burst that he was fine and completed it so well. He rocked it and did it in 2 1/2 hours which was phenomenal!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment