Content

Content

Thursday, June 25, 2015

I DID IT!!!!!!!! 21 km worth every single sweat drop

So I also ran my first 1/2 marathon and I'm hooked.  I was so nervous about this race, like feeling like I was going to get sick or wet my pants, neither a very pretty option.  When Alin was asking why I was nervous and pointed out that I've done lots of races before, I had to point out that this was my first running one since kids (triathlon's don't count) and that I'm still packing the weight equivalent to Mason and I have a very sore knee (physio).  What I didn't tell him was that I was more nervous not to finish, or to be a disappointment to him or the kids and myself.  We have worked hard at training as best as we could with 3 little's and all the other responsibilities that come along with that.  So the morning of the race arrived and I set off, I was 3 hours early and when I was picking up all our stuff (kids were running a 1 km race at the same time) when I asked the fellow how many people were running the 1/2 marathon and he told me 25, my heart dropped.  I would rather run with thousands of people than a few, more chance to get lost in the crowd.  Then to add insult to injury when I asked him "how long the course stays open" as I figured it would take me 4 hours he laughed and then when he saw I was serious he chocked out "I'm not sure" as I left the building with my stuff I called Alin and started to cry...sometimes my fear manifests itself like that.  Then Trina and then Amanda after encouraging words from everyone Amanda just said to me "You should ask if you can start earlier with a group that was going an hour before our start time of 10am" So away I went to ask, and they let me.  Best thing for the outcome of this race.  So as I got ready and couldn't concentrate, hands shaking, my sweet little family with their signs started me off on my journey.
Before my race and they all have their racing shirts on for their 1 km. 

No comments:

Post a Comment