So Thursday the 25th was the big day. Alin and I went to see Dr. Huard (he's been our Dr for all 3) as I was going into the office I usually like to go by myself on account of feeling huge being poked and prodded and its just not a very glamorous place for husbands to be. I know sometimes it must bother Alin so today as I was waiting for Dr. Huard I peeked my head out into the waiting room and asked him if he wanted to come in. I'm so glad I did that, as we listened to what is 99% sure our last little Ivanita's heartbeat Alin's face lit up. Followed by the usual prenatal stuff and then a little sweeping of the membranes. By the time I headed out to the car I wasn't feeling so hot. So our next stop was Costco I opted to stay in the vehicle which is always dangerous letting Alin do the shopping, we always end up with "things we need". Then off to Toys R Us, here I had to go in and do damage control but by the time we walked to the car I had my first huge contraction. Yikes. Here we go again. Went home and they has subsided a bit so Alin was going to go get a haircut (which always seems to crack me up, isn't it the birthing mom that should be able to go and get her hair, manicure and pedicure done, since we definitely don't have time to do it after, that and he always seems to be trimming his toes when I'm the very busiest with the kids and we are on a tight schedule:) ....Anyway I told him to go and get it done and then right before he left I asked him if maybe he should stay, to which we headed right to the hospital. It was so nice out as we were driving but I was panicking inside since this wasn't my first time at this rodeo I knew it was going to hurt and not be a lot of fun. We went and they were trying to decide if they would admit me or not (just because Dani came so fast) anyway we were admitted and then the waiting came and waiting and waiting... We walked around a bit but every time one of those super fun contractions came I just wanted to crawl into a hole (and girls when your husbands are trying to help just be kind they really have no idea how much it hurts but they try and make you feel better so be kind) and (mason be so sensitive to your wife and understand that this is generally the most painful thing she will ever go thru and all in the name to have a family)
We went back to the room and I was just having a hard time deciding about the epidural (Masons didn't work, didn't get one for Daniela and I really wanted to be in the moment and enjoy this birthing process) Alin encouraged me to get it and they called the anesthesiologist to come in. In walks this middle age man with an earring, longer dark hair a few gold chains not exactly who I pictured who would be stabbing me in the back:) all of a sudden my loving husband and him start having a pleasant conversation in Romanian. Now I'm usually super excited about it when he meets people and starts visiting in Romanian but when I'm concentrating on birthing a baby I just want to get things done and on the way. He gave me the epidural and left, a little while later it started to feel like I couldn't breathe, that my left side was really struggling and my right side wasn't frozen. So on went the oxygen mask for a bit. We were admitted at 12:05 and lasted through a nurse shift change and EVEN Dr. Huard showing up. This is the first baby he's actually been there for:) it was a little weird because in his office he's always making jokes and talkative but when he showed up in the delivery room he's all business and the part that cracked me up is while they waited in between pushes he would fold his hands and look out the window as if he was giving me privacy... Which at this point WHO CARES just get this baby out 😜. At 5:35 she decided to make her appearance and make us a family of 5.

My last visit at Dr Huard (I had no way of nothing that within hours of being here I would be there⬇)
The always beautiful contraction shot. YIKES
Our newest member💗
Good work momma
Proud dad
One of my favorite pictures of me and little Miss A
Your handsome dad, taking some of the credit for bringing you to our little family
Big stretch
No comments:
Post a Comment