Content

Content

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Feb, 23 2015 Monday...Monday

So yesterday was a kinda of exciting day for church.  They released the current bishopric and called a new one.  Our good friend Dan McAteer is the new bishop, Jeff Zimmerman the first counselor, a fellow I've never met is the 2nd counselor (we are having huge changes on March 8 they are reorganizing the stake and boundaries are changing.  He will be in our ward boundaries then.) And Graham Erickson is the 3rd counselor (which is kind of a new thing he overlooks the Spanish ward) It was a really good meeting and I felt a little emotional for the old bishopric leaving and the new one sustained.  Bishop Vissor was a great Bishop as well.  Then to teach primary and Mason gave the scripture.  Alin was leaving early to play in the Sunshine Poker Tournament - a fundraiser for cancer and so I didn't expect him to be home when we got home from church.  I thought it was weird that he told me to hurry home form church as he was leaving but didn't think to much of it.  We got home opened the garage and there was his car.  Went inside and he was all dressed in winter gear and had a bag packed with lunch, water and snacks and said he decided we should spend time as a family, it was a beautiful day and Richard had texted him and suggested sledding.  It was such a nice surprise to come home to.  We packed everyone up and headed to Edelweiss, kids fell asleep which was great so they napped a bit and then when we arrived we noticed it was a huge hill with tubes that you rode on a conveyer belt and then slid down.  Not sure if our girls would have liked that and we didn't have any helmets or anything, and as we pulled up we saw Richard and his little crew leaving.  So we decided to head back into town and go to Mooney's Bay instead.  Pros it was within 5 min from our home, free and a little more tame for our little's.  So we will write off the hour drive back and forth as well invested nap time for the kiddos, and hand holding time for me and the Mister:)  Slid down the hill a couple of times, Mason and Daniela were having a blast, Abbie not so much.  Then home for waffle night and hot chocolate. 

Monday...this morning I asked Kieren if she could come over and help watch kids while I tried to organize the laundry room and the vortex that has become Abbie's room.  I forgot that Dani had speech so instead she watched Mason and Abbie while I took Dani to speech.  Worked out well, then took Dani to a mini date at IKEA.  Home and cleaned, napped Abbie and at 5 the McAteers came over for FHE (pizza) and then we took our whole crew bowling.  Really Fun Family Home Evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment