Content

Content

Friday, November 15, 2013

Hard work rewarded a bit...Nov 15, 2013

Today costco was crazy!!!! I forgot it was a pday for all of Ottawa.  As we were about to leave I decided we would eat there...this is never an option when I'm with the kids sans husband because I'm always harping on eating healthy and at home, but today I pretended to be the dad:) anyways while we were eating and I was being my usual mom self an older couple sat down beside us, made some small talk and then we countinued eating.  Of course there's all of the usual discussions that take place, sharing, manners and all that good stuff.  So I didn't pay much attention to them as the three littles hold my attention enough on their own. As they were leaving I felt a hand on my shoulder and the gentleman said to me "you have wonderful kids" and then stood up again and then the best part was yet to come, he leaned down again and said "I know it's a lot of hard work...good job" that last little comment resounded deep within me.  Sometimes I think people just think, you have good kids or not but that is rarely the case.  It is WORK and it is HARD WORK. Everyday the constant vigilant work never ceases and believe me you can never get complacent or let your guard down.  It's like their the dinosaurs on Jurassic park always checking the perimeter.  It's the daily rituals and the things I say to them a million times...I'm not even exaggerating that all of a sudden in a public place pays off...well at least until that couple was out the door and then all 3 of them started screaming like banshees, oh well we can't win them all.  Here's to kind, gentle men and a comment that gave me more courage and commitment to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment