Content

Content

Friday, August 22, 2014

July 29th, 2014

This morning I started training for a "try" athelon that Kate wanted to enter. I'm nervous I haven't done anything active since being a mom (chasing after kids doesn't count) and it's time to get back to doing these things because before kids I loved it!!! 
Going swimming, training starts today. 

Wow was I ever out of shape, there's a lot more training I have to do and so much for muscle memory... But it felt so good, I always loved swimming and my years as a lifeguard were probably some of my favorite memories. I love the peaceful sound of water as your head dips under and up, under and up. How I've missed it. That being said I looked and sounded like a flailing fish. Well here's to getting back into the "swim" of things. And yes that cracked me up. 

Then Amanda Dugan and her family were going to go to Parc Omega so we went with them. I was a little concerned because of the drive and flying solo but it was AWESOME and RELAXING and SUPER FUN. 
My 3 little cutie pies, they LOVE Parc  Omega. Well 2 out of 3 of them, Abbie loves it if she sits on my lap, eats carrots that were ment for the animals and the windows rolled up. I think what she loves most is the freedom of not being in a car seat while we drive around the park.

Mason and Daniela were so cute and I honestly had such a relaxing fun time. I packed a lunch and when we reached the tractor ride and old farm we ate, the kids also enjoyed bubblegum ice cream which had them covered in blue. Mason and Daniela were so funny to listen to in between Masons excited yells announcing every single animal with such exuberance "MOM LOOK! A DEER, A PIG, A HUGE BUFFALO MOM I NEVER SEEN A HUGE ONE BEFORE, MOM THERE IS A TON OF ANIMALS, COME HERE MOMMA DEER" "MOM IT KISSED ME, LICKED ME. I NEVER SEEN THIS MANY BEFORE. he was hilarious to listen to and everything was said at the top of his voice, with such excitement and for hours on end. That is one of the things I love about being a mom, is listening to our kids excitement. Daniela was equally excited but the lines that cracked me up were "COME HERE SWEETIE PIE"
It was around 6 when we got home, but luckily I had put dinner in the crockpot as Alin works till 9 tonight and it was ready for us after our busy day. So bedtime was less than fun since they all had siestas in the truck, but I loved spending the day with them at the parc.  Good day, great company. 
Sweet dreams, love mom


No comments:

Post a Comment