Content

Content

Friday, August 22, 2014

July 30th, 2014

Today Daniela had her 3 year old checkup. She was great and things are looking good. She is the 90th percentile for height and 93 for weight. Also her chest mark has gone done significantly. We did however have to do a urine test for her, which lent itself to curious kids.  Especially when I had her hop on the toilet and put the cup underneath her. Honestly not going to be surprised when the kids are in the shower playing that they decide to pee in the bowls or cups that they play with in the shower (Gross).
So thankful for our Dr. Rodrigue she is amazing with the kids. As a side note before she checks our kids under carriages (bottoms) she always says to them " I'm going to ask your mom if it's okay for me to check that everything is healthy". Then she looks at me and asks me. She also explains to the kids, and asks them. It really struck me how that little question is SOOO important.  It makes me sad to think that we even have to worry about things like this but the reality is that I need to talk to my children and inform them so that they know that no one is to EVER touch them inappropriately. Things I never want to think about but have to teach our littles to protect them.  She also told me this visit that you kids are the age where discussions have to take place about these kinds of things.  Sometimes I just want to take our little family and head off to a desert island.

After that I decided to take them to the Science and Tech museum again because they offer a free train (mini) on Wed and Sun. We rode it twice and the kids loved the whistle and the clickety clack of the railroad track.

 Then home for lunch and nap time. 
Then Mason had soccer tonight it was pouring on and off all day but cleared up and was nice for the hour he played and then as Dani, Mason and I were heading off the field it started to pour. Perfect timing (Alin stayed home to bond with Abbie)

No comments:

Post a Comment