Then Amy Zimmerman (who I love too) and Joseph and Ammon came over at around 2. The kids played and we're having a great time and then...my heart was almost ripped out of my chest. The kids were jumping from the big round doughnut to the floor and as they would jump they'd hit the cords on the blinds. I was watching them and so glad (honestly keep thinking how thankful I was there). When Mason jumped somehow and still this morning I can't believe how fast things happen, he got hung up on the cord and it wrapped around his neck while he hung with his toes just touching the floor. I scrambled as fast as I could picked him up and hugged him so hard. Honestly the what ifs are what kept me up last night. I ended up calling Alin home from work, I couldn't reach him on his phone, sent him a message and then out of desperation I called the front office and when she told me she would check on his schedule I said "interrupt him, he needs to call home!!!" By the time he got here we had all settled down and watching Cinderella. So many prayers of gratitude said tonight.
Our poor Mr. M. We cut all the cords last night!!!
Later after everyone, had calmed down (mostly me) we went to McAteers (our second family...we love them) for Family Home Evening for dinner soup and cornbread and then went sledding on this hill perfect for kiddos and then back to the house for hot chocolate and decorate sugar cookies. It was just what we needed and the kids had an amazing time.
Eloise, Daniela, Mason and Evie
As the title goes PERSPECTIVE the things that had upset me and annoyed me all day sure took a backseat to how upset/concerned I was about our boy. I can't imagine continuing on if anything ever happened to one of our kids or Alin. My prayers last night were full of gratitude for our little family being intact. How quickly things can change, hug longer, kiss more, snuggle forget the things not of eternity. Love you, sweet dreams. Love mom





No comments:
Post a Comment