Content

Content

Monday, February 11, 2013

Missing Me

Today I cried for me, I cried for the body I used to have (definitely wasn't perfect, but was a far cry from the body that looks back at me now). I cried for the confidence that leaves when you don't feel happy with yourself. I cried for the things I don't want to do because I'm embarrassed of all my wobbly bits. I cried because I don't want my husband or children to be embarrassed of me (for the record your dad always tells me I'm beautiful and he's so glad I'm his wife) I've never worried and been so self conscious in my life as I feel now. I know my baby is only 3 months old but I look all around me at these other moms that seem to bounce right back (I bounce but just not a pretty sight) I cried for the relationship I need with my husband, friends and ME. I MISS ME. Case in point we had a birthday party to go to but it was at a swimming pool, the old Shannon wouldn't have thought twice (heck yah) but this tired, frumpy, jelly belly mom went because she doesn't want her kids to miss out on fun activities...for the record it was Abbie's first time and she LOVED it i was super embarrassed of the way I looked and felt bad for my husband. ( keep in mind that at the party ALL the women look like they stepped out of the pages of a magazine, stunning, gorgeous and super nice)

So I am here and now committing myself to find myself again and be the wife, mother, sister and friend that I want to be. I don't want my kids to hear me always complaining about how I look now I want them to see by my actions how to eat, exercise be healthy and have a good balance in their life. Here's to bringing the old Shannon back

No comments:

Post a Comment