Content

Content

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Love letter to my husband

Tonight you have gone to the priesthood session of conference with Dan, I hope you have a good time and hear some words that touch your heart and will help us as we raise our wonderful little, busy, tiring, fulfilling, cute..family. As you left tonight and kids were in different stages of falling asleep my thoughts went to how thankful I am to have you as my husband.

I'm thankful of what an amazing dad you are, how you tickle, snuggle and play with them and that you sneak them little treats and gifts (that's what dads are supposed to do, we moms just pretend sometimes that we don't notice) that you have their best interests at heart and you work hard to provide for us all. I know the stress you must feel having to work and then be expected to perform at home as well (cracked my self up, that sounded pretty amorous) by perform I mean hold miss a and listen while I ramble on about and sometimes complain about my day.

I'm thankful for the husband you are to me, that you still crack me up, that I still get shivers up and down my spine when you kiss me, that all I need to rejuvenate me after a day from he.. Is a big hug and kiss when you walk in the door how you appreciate what I try and do at home and that your understanding, kind, encouraging and forgiving. I love you more and more each day.

The kids actually went to sleep quite easily as I tucked in Abbie, rocked Dani to sleep and then snuggled with Mason I do know how truly blessed we are to have these 3 little angels (most days) in our little family, and for the first time as I snuggled with Mason and kissed him under the chin as he giggled I truly felt this is what matters. Not a spic and span kitchen, no crumbs on the floor, everything looking perfect. (This doesn't mean it's going to get worse than it is, it just means I had my aha moment where it won't keep me up at nights)

I am trying to be the best wife and mother that I can, i am far from perfect and have had to apologize to you and the kids before and eat humble pie but I truly have everyone's best interests at heart and strive everyday to be better. I love you and our 3 tornadoes so much that my heart feels as if it will burst out of my chest. I want you to know most importantly that I married YOU because I love the person YOU are and that I will love you always no matter what . Te iebesc your loving wife, Shannon

Ps. I love you big white house style;)
Pps. Good thing I had my aha moment as I was just starting to do dishes when Abbie woke up and instead of getting frustrated I'm delightfully nursing her (okay maybe not delightfully but at least I'm not cursing in my head...that's an improvement)
Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment