Content

Content

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 17 Asking forgiveness

Why is it that we find it easier to apologize to a complete stranger than to apologize to someone who we love. Today it was my 3 turkeys I needed to apologize to, and honestly I found it super hard.  Mostly because you were all turkeys in the real sense of the word and when I'd finally had enough...it wasn't how I should have dealt with it. Man this parenting thing sure has a learning curve and curve and curve:) maybe we feel like if we apologize we are absolving you of all guilt or responsibility.  Or we don't want to seem like we are vulnerable or need help in this parenting maze.  That we should have all the answers and what we say go's...well because I'm the mom right (I may have heard/said that somewhere before) and then sometimes it's just because we are being a stubborn mule.   Today it was a little bit of all the reasons, but then my sweet boy who, was actually the instigator in this case, came up to me wrapped his arms around my leg, looked up at me and said "I'm sorry momma, I love you" I looked down at all 3 of them in different stages of meltdown mode and sat on the floor in the midst of them and said "Do we all need a hug and kiss" as I wrapped my arms around all of them with their arms around my neck.  I swallowed my pride and softly said "I'm sorry too"  kissed each one of those turkeys and told them I loved them. 

I think it's important, even when it's hard to apologize to our kids. I think it helps them understand that we are not perfect. Gasp! I know that shocks you kiddos because you thought mom and dad were perfect.  That we are trying our hardest and tomorrow's another day to work on being a little better than we were today.  So kiddos I love you, this much and sweet dreams!

Other happenings of the day:
We talked dad into coming strawberry picking with us in the morning before he had to go to work. So at 8 am our family was enjoying the beautiful sunny day while picking/eating strawberries
Then dad wanted to go for breakfast so we headed to tutti-fruiti for breakfast.  Ps I hate eating out at this stage of the game and dad loves eating out.

Alin left for work and as I was looking at all the strawberries we had I decieded it would be a nice treat to give some to three of our neighbours. So I put some in two little bowls and wrote a little note that said "For our sweet neighbours. We ❤️ You" and then dropped them off before piano lessons.  We later took some to John and Tania as well.  

Went to piano, then home, later on it was soccer time and just as we arrived at the field it started raining.  Awesome (said sarcastically) funny because Mason loved it and didn't want to go home early so I put the girls in the truck and we watched him.  
That's him with his shirt over his head for the warm up, at least it was still warm out

Ps at the soccer game one of neighbours son in law who we ran the strawberries over for was talking to me and saying how thoughtful and kind that gesture was. They were tickled pink and perfect timing because later that afternoon our neighbour ended up in the hospital. She's home now and resting but was quite a scare for everyone.  Made me glad I didn't put off a kind gesture.  Well my turkeys goodnight and sweet dreams, love mom

No comments:

Post a Comment