Content

Content

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 11, 2014 How moms feel daily...or at least this mom

An example of what this mom feels like more often than not.  Today as I was getting the kids ready to play outside in the snow which is a feat in itself.  Daniela started crying that she couldn't find her snow pants (I lay their snow suits, boots, mitts, toques at the door) as the crying escalated and was taking turns with her whining I remembered that she wanted to wear them right before nap time and that I had taken them off her in the bedroom.  So I went to get them from the bedroom, put them beside her in the entry way told her "here you go" and went into the kitchen.  Not 2 min later I hear Daniela say "I found it mom!"  

"Really!?!!" Is the first thought that ran into my head, are you kidding me.  Then I thought this is actually how you feel most of the time... The breakfast, lunch and dinner just magically appears on the table on clean dishes, the laundry fairies fill your drawers with clean clothes, things get picked up done and organized just by magic. It would be easy to get super discouraged, or feel under appreciated and I'm not going to say that I never feel that way because I do BUT we had a lesson in Relief Society that was talking about the service we do in our families and that all things are recorded.  Those little acts of services that no one else knows about... we know about them and we do them because we LOVE our families and in this season of my life that's what's entailed, will this win me any awards or accolades with my peers. No. But it will make our house a home, put clean socks on our family and I'm starting to be okay with that.  I write these things done so that when you have kids of your own you will realize you are not alone in the feelings you have but you will know that it is worth it. Love you sweetie pies


No comments:

Post a Comment