Content

Content

Friday, March 21, 2014

March 21, 2014

Today we went to the science and tech museum while Alin did taxes and got to stay home by himself and enjoy peace and quiet while sipping a duet coke and munching on crackers( I think next year I should switch) the kids had a great time at the museum and it wasn't busy.  Had a snack there, had 2 meltdowns both from Daniela.  First because she couldn't see me she ran ahead while we we were going thru the train, then because she couldn't carry her water thru the museum.  I'll be excited when all that energy is put toward snuggling and hugging me.  
I also had to capture these 2 pictures this afternoon Daniela helping Abbie out if her high chair and the epic fail nap time (but tons of giggling)
I love the concentration and those little hands

When we got home I finished packing for our trip to Toronto.  At 6:30 Kiefen and Kierren came over to watch the kids while Alin and I went on a date, to a fireside at the church featuring Josh Hawkes.   Some of the take-aways from Josh Hawkes fireside last night were
1. Dignity is over rated. 
2. When one of the wheels comes off you have the opportunity to be grateful for the three wheels that are left. 
3. We sometimes don't extend kindness to those who don't demonstrate outside or external disabilities. Sometimes we make the wrong assumptions about who needs the help. 
4. Be quick to observe, wait for the prompting and then just help. 
He was a great speaker and had a great sense of humour.  He told a few person stories, super funny but the last little story he told was that his twin sisters each grabbed a arm of his and were running up and down the street with him and the neighbours were concerned about it so they called his mom.  So when they came in from playing his mom asked them what they were doing and they told her that they didn't know if he would ever feel what it felt like to run and they wanted to show him,  what it would feel like.  
A little background information on him he's had cerebral palsy since birth but has since gone on a mission, married had 2 children, been a bishop, is a prosecutor lawyer and was in Ottawa to try a case in front of the Supreme Court of Canada and took the time out to do this fireside.  
It was a really uplifting fireside and sure made me grateful of the blessings of having a working body...a working body in progress.
Jen and Erik Jakob's sat next to us and after we went out for frozen yogurt and visited.  It was fun and great to visit with them
Ps as a side note after visiting she sent me a note. Hi Shannon. It was nice to see you last night. I just thought I'd let you know how awesome I think you are. The way you love your kids and husband is wonderful. You give it your all. Alin's a great guy and I'm so happy that you are together on your adventure. I'm sure he appreciates a good thing when he has it! Just thought I'd let you know that during your daily slog with the kids, people like me notice the amazing things you are doing.
It was such a nice note to get.  
We got home and all 3 littles were still up snuggling on Masons bed with Kiffin and Kieren watching a musical number by Kieren.  We payed them (50 each) and then started the bedtime rituals.  We also packed the truck for our mini holiday tommorrow, 11:30 time for bed, before Abbie wakes up in 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment