Content

Content

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 11, 2014 "Watch Me"

My last journal entry I said I would expand on the "Watch Me" phrase it's funny how kids want us to watch them all the time.  It doesn't matter what they are doing or if it's the hundredth time, the words "Watch Me" escape their lips.  I notice that there are some times where I'm distracted that they repeat it over and over and then walk over to me and say "Watch Me" put hands on me to emphasize the importance of what they are about to do, and then run to show me some amazing jump, fast running or anything they deem amazing.  I read an article on the use of technology, specifically iPhones and that our children suffer from the overuse of them...not by using them but by parents being so engaged on them that they don't pay attention to their kids.  That eventually kids will stop saying "Watch Me" because they can see our time and efforts are focused on something other than them.  This really struck a cord with me because for me it may not be the iPhone that's the distraction but the laundry or trying to clean something or doing a hundred other things that need to be done but are in now way as important as the three little voices that say "Watch Me" so my goal is to let other things slide while I WATCH my littles.  





No comments:

Post a Comment