Content

Content

Saturday, October 26, 2013

WAITING..........

Why do we spend our whole lives waiting we eagerly anticipate growing older which includes turning 16 and being able to go on your first date.  For the record mine was horrid.  It was with Blaine Heggie and it was a double date.  He picked me up we went into Lethbridge, went to a bowling alley and then they decided it was too smokey for them.  Didn't seem to phase me, they should have been at some of my family functions:) Then went to a movie, about space which I hate and then went to eat but they didn't have enough money.  As we were driving home (45 min drive, felt like 2 hrs) he started talking about aliens.  YIKES I quickly pretended I was asleep and as soon as we made it down our lane I hoped out of that car like my seat was on fire.  Ran into the house, shut the porch light out and locked the door.  Probably not the most grown up response but it was my 16 year old self's flight or fight reaction.  Thank goodness they went up from there lots of fun stories to tell but that's for a different entry.  Then we can't wait to graduate from school, go to college, find that certain someone ( for me I went through 2 certain someones before meeting my perfect match) Can't wait for our first real job, paycheck, get engaged, get married, have babies.

We spend so much of our existence waiting for the next BIG thing instead of enjoying where we are and what we are doing now.  Hindsight is always perfect vision and I sure wish I could do things over again...but I can't and so we decide to enjoy the moments as they come, each new day, each adventure and try to slow down and enjoy the here and now and really being in the present.

So here's to me enjoying this stage I will need this reminder weekly no doubt but hey I'm a work in process

No comments:

Post a Comment