Content

Content

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Saturday July 20, 2013

Today was family adventure day and with final destination being Sandbanks and Isaiah Tubbs with a stop in Kingston to check out the new Booster Juice and the space where the Dental office is going to be.  The kids traveled amazing and we stopped for lunch at the mall and Alin was super happy to see that there was a line up at the Booster juice and even more excited when we saw people walking around with Booster Juices in their hands:) money in the 💲bank💲

Then we headed off to check in to cabin and get changed and head to Sandbanks (I remember telling Alin when we first came here, that it made me feel like we were as close to Mexico  that we would ever be without leaving the country) we walked onto the beach and the kids were excited and a little hesitant.  Hanging onto Alin's shorts and just putting their toes in.  Fast forward 1/2 an hour and their running in and out of the water like mad men, Abbie's sitting on sand and enjoying the water crashing against here. It was GREAT and FUN and RELAXING.  We stayed for about 3 hours and then headed back to the cabin.  Ate in the enclosed patio and then...

Started with a phone call from Trina asking me if I'd heard from dad which got my mind racing and which is never a good way to start a conversation.  When I said I hadn't she told me Auntie Betty was in a car accident and had died.  She was going to Margie's house and so far that's all I know.  It seems so unreal especially since we were going to a family reunion 2 weeks from now which we haven't done since I was in grade 5 and I'm forty now so you do the math. My heart aches for Margie and Tracy and their little families.  She was one of the best aunts and I'll have to confess my favorite on the Waldie side.  She gave the best squishy hugs and always finished with a little squeeze to let you know she loved you, her sparkling eyes and spitfire personality plus I always thought she was beautiful.  A couple years back we had a surprise birthday party for my dad and and Auntie Betty was there and there and Margie and Tracy flew in with their kids.  It was a great weekend and a really good visit.  It's always so fun when those 2 (dad and auntie betty) get together.  Their laughs are infectious and its just fun. 

Later on when I learned that she was hit head on I was mad, when I didn't know what happened I could tell myself "Maybe she fell asleep, or hit the ditch" but when its the consequence of someone else s' actions it was so much harder for me to understand.  The other 2 were killed in the crash an older man and his wife but what transpired hurt are family and the ones I love. 

Then when we were snuggling down with the kids, Mason looked up at me and told me he didn't feel well... he didn't finish the sentence before there was projectile vomit everywhere, including me (YUCK) so we called housekeeping and they bought us new sheets and covers.  Then poor Abbie had a really bad fever, I spent the night in the enclosed patio holding our poor baby and praying for daylight. 

The next day Mason was on the mend and Abbie's fever was lower so we decided to stay and enjoy the beach some more before we headed home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment