Today was stake conference and a gong show. We made it there just in the nick of time. Seated ourselves and waited to be spiritually uplifted. Kids were good for about 1/2 hr and then Abbie had a little meltdown. So Alin took her to the foyer and our little "Ivies" followed. The nice thing about it is that the church set up tvs in other rooms to watch sat in there for awhile, devoured all snacks and then it was Dani's turn to be a turkey. We left just with two speakers left. Which was a shame because they are people that always give really good talks. Sometimes it's so hard not to get frustrated or throw my hands up in the air and say forget it. Especially when I'm doing what I should and trying to teach my children, and for that matter my husband the importance of church things. Some days it makes me wonder why I bother at all AND then I remember WHY... I do this because I want my family sealed FOR TIME AND ALL ETERNITY, I do it because I want my kids to know that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them, and will guide them, that they will never be alone, I do it because I believe that the teachings help us in our daily lives, to be the best version of ourselves that we can be, I do this because it gives me peace and calms my soul in times of trials, I do this because I want them to know the importance of Sunday, church, and the teachings in the bible and book of mormon. I do this because my little growing family is the most valuable thing that I have.
It's hard work and I feel the heavy weight of responsibility for our family. To make sure our prayers are being said, that family home evening needs to take place, that they know the stories from the scriptures and that as I care for everyone's physical and temporal needs that their spiritual needs are met as well.
Well kiddos "I love you this much..." And eagerly await the day that we are sealed together as a family. "Sweet Dreams"
No comments:
Post a Comment