I remember when I was expecting Mason, I was worried that I wouldn't love him enough. How would and could I love this little person with all of my heart when I was soooo sick. There were nights that I would pray "please let me die in my sleep", the next morning however I would change my mind and think okay maybe I have one more day in me. I counted every single day of that pregnancy, it was horrible. Delivery was even worse, if you can imagine that and then viola (okay maybe not that instant) this little bundle arrives that you love immensely beyond reason or measure. Through the exhaustion and soreness you always have these moments, where you will spend days just staring, holding this perfect little boy and wondering how you could ever love someone else as much as you love this little boy. (The holding and staring still happens with your 2nd and 3rd, just for shorter amounts of time. So you have to think quality not quantity) When I found out I was pregnant with our second I was so excited but also a little nervous wondering if I would love this baby as much as I loved mason. When Daniela arrived I looked down at this little bundle in my arms and my heart got bigger, it just grew to encompass another perfect little baby. The other day I took her on a little girl date and as I looked at her I couldn't believe that I ever wondered about my capacity to love her. From her golden locks and impish grin to those fast little feet ( I mean super fast) that keep me on my toes. Fast forward a few more months I'm pregnant again. This time I knew I had the capacity to love this baby. Abbie you have come into our home and brought such a sweet, peaceful and calming little personality with you. Your brother is warming up to you I'm sure he's worried that now there are two sisters to share his things with;) he's always very concerned if your crying. He usually tells me that either your hungry or have a tummy ache. Your sister never, I mean never wants to be away from you. If you even make a peep she is running to you and if your dad or I ever leave you unattended, her eyes light up and it's a race to get to you. She always wants to hold, kiss you, rub your hair. ANYTHING
I want you all to know how much I love our little, growing family. How each one of you are LOVED and how much happiness you've brought into my life (as well as gray hair, extra poundage, tiredness) and I wouldn't trade it...most days...just cracked myself up
Mom and Abbie
No comments:
Post a Comment