Jan 4, 2013 Well I hate writing such negative
things in my journal but just so you know that all days are not a bowl
of peaches or cherries however the saying goes. Regardless, no kind of
fruit.
It started like every other day at 3 o'clock in the morning
With Miss Daniela waking up crying mama mama, after getting her some
more milk and a couple of snuggles she eventually ends up in our bed.
Which, surprisingly enough doesn't have my husband sleeping there, as
he has now had to go soothe Mason. Keep in mind that Abbie has been
nursing every two hours. Real morning arrives at 5:00 Which means kids
are up and have no intention of going back to sleep, I hop in the shower
with Miss Abbie she's totally stuffed up trying to de-congestion this
little babe. I step out of the shower only to hear Mason and Daniela
going at it. Ughhhh I crawl back into bed wishing I could have a day
off. When pressed my husband replies "sorry there is no days off, this
is a life sentence and here comes the warden now" as we hear Daniela
speed walk to our room. I laugh, I feel recharged by comic relief.
Little did I know I should have enjoyed those few moments more.
We head
off to the doctor's appointment, vaccines for Abbie and a check up for
me, The usual getting ready disasters a blow out before you head out
the door, throw up on my shoulder but those are the normal things. When
you have kids of your own you'll understand. We pull up at the doctors
office it's snowing now I'm unloading Abbie when a man asked me if you
need any help with that, first and last kind comment of the day. I say
no thanks because I have 3 in there to get organized, he kindly smiles
and says "WOW" in the doctors office the kids destroy the room pulling
pamphlets out, getting into the filing cabinets. Abbie screaming I'm not
sure why as we haven't even seen the Dr yet. I have to nurse her to
get her calmed down only to look at the other side and be soaked to my
knees, yes there's that much (lack of milk is not my problem) I now look
over at Dani as she has taken her shoes and socks off again. This
goes on all day with her, any minute we are stopped off they come (5
times already and it's not even noon) Mason has again pulled out all the
pamphlets, when I'm cleaning that up he's going into the filing
cabinets (keep in mind I have a little one stuck to my chest while I try
and contain the other two)...utter chaos. Abbie gets her vaccines, one
in each leg as she screams and doesn't stop till we get home which
doesn't happen for another hour. The Dr looks at me and says that I
need my flu shot and we will do it today while your here. Yah! Then we
start to discuss why I'm here needless to say that after 3 babes in 3
years my body needs some healing, which means I'm off to get some x-rays
done of my pelvis area and some blood work. I bundle everyone and
screaming Abbie and head to the x-ray lab only to wait and then be told
"we can't do it for you unless someones here to watch your kids", I
leave. I then head to get blood work done and the line-up is ridiculous,
which on a normal day is fine but now Mr. M has started to whine, he's
hungry, Dani is sitting barefooted again.
I leave without getting it
done when I hear "Are those all yours?" as they glance at a barefooted
girl in the stroller, Mason hanging off my arm and Abbie screaming in
her car seat. "Yes" I answer as positively as I can. She should and
could have stopped there, but she kept going. "There really close
together" "yep, my husband and I wanted a close family " Surely not that
close, I hope you're done now. That's too many kids". Really you feel
the need to keep talking to me, and with a look of disgust as you can
see I'm kind of busy. I head out the door just in time to hear someone
else say " your expecting again?". As a matter of fact no my baby is 2
months old i realize i still have a tummy so thanks for noticing. are
the comments done yet... not quite just when we've made it almost out
the door another lady decides to give an already worn out, frustrated,
at the brink of tears mom another bit of advice as i now have 3
screaming, hungry upset kids. "you really need to nip those tantrums in
the bud"...we get home I take them out one at a time trying to deal with
the loudest screamer first. they have a snack i sit down to nurse
again, I look over and hear Mason say oh oh as he's writing in pen on
our new leather couches. I take the pen away just in time to hear a
crash, Dani has stepped up and grabbed a glass trinket and it crashes to
the floor breaking into 3 pieces. Abbie is super unhappy she's
already feeling the effects of being poked and is miserable.
Alin
walks in the door...quick kiss and I hurry to leave to go back to try
and get my x-ray and blood work done. Everyone needs to be fed before I
go, I make tortellini no one likes it or eats it. I leave its about 20
min drive. When there, the X-ray tech says this is Such an unusual
request I've only done it once, finally finish and head for blood work.
She can't find a vein(she should have used my head as I feel I'm going
to blow a gasket.) Head home.
Start to cook a super healthy meal
consisting of Baked coconut chicken,strawberries,carrots mango salsa...
No one likes it mason doesn't want supper, Alin says he's full (standard
answer when he doesn't like things) and the last straw which had tears
of frustration fall was our miss d who eats anything refused to eat.
There's more but I think I've vented enough, I'd like a redo as I've
demolished all my New Years resolutions today. So goodnight from this
tired, frumpy, frazzled, still looking pregnant, gray haired momma. PS
it's only 5 so my goodnight wont be for a while, maybe ill have another
New Years countdown and start this year again;)

No comments:
Post a Comment